CSV import on ProspectIn: expected format and FAQs
ProspectIn allows you to import a CSV file, containing a list of prospects that you want to upload to a campaign. You can then contact them the same way you do with exported prospects from a standard search.
Data and format expected
To import prospects it is necessary to have the URL of their LinkedIn profiles in the following format:
It also works with Sales Navigator URLs:
In order to work, it is necessary that there is only one URL per line in your CSV file.
The file takes into account any type of separator. Normally there is no problem when there is other data in the file (name, first name, email …). However, if the upload does not seem to work, it is preferable to keep only the links of the profiles.
- Go to the “Campaign” page
- Click on the “Import CSV” button at the top of the page
- Choose the campaign in which you want to import
- Select the file in your computer
Frequently Asked Questions
The import can sometimes cause problems or be confusing. Here are the main questions and answers.
Import works but I get profiles with URLs instead of names
These are partial profiles. When you import a CSV file, ProspectIn retrieves only the URLs. It, therefore, does not have the first name and last name information.
When you perform your first action, the extension will scan the profile to find the missing information and complete the profile automatically.
This is why the profile is not completed directly when the file is imported: if you add 10,000 prospects, this would give 10,000 requests to LinkedIn in a few seconds. Not a very human behavior!
To retrieve information from your prospects, a simple profile visit is enough, but you can also send follow actions/connection request/message with the personalization variables “first name” and “last name”, these will be retrieved even though they don’t appear on your CRM.
ProspectIn detects profile URLs but when I click on “import” nothing happens
Follow these steps:
- Check that the leads have not been imported without you noticing. For that, copy a URL and open it in your browser => get the name of the prospect => go to the Prospect page of the back office of ProspectIn => Find the prospect. If it appears, the import has worked. Then check that it is not in the wrong campaign.
- Check that the URLs correspond to the expected format (see above)
- Keep only the URLs in your file and delete all other data
- Reload the extension (Settings => Reload the extension).
- Try again.
If the problem persists, contact us on the chat and send us the CSV file in question by email (the chat does not handle files in CSV format).
ProspectIn detected XXX urls but did not import all prospects
Just like exporting from a search, ProspectIn checks for duplicates in your CRM. In order to prevent that you contact the same prospect twice, it is not possible for a prospect to be present in two different campaigns. During your import, if the prospect is already in CRM, it will not be imported. The number of duplicates avoided is displayed in the report following the import of the file.
Chief (Positive) Energy Officer @ ProspectIn 😎