How to use the CRM synchronization feature with ProspectIn and Zapier?
Thanks to the”triggers” update (see article), it is now possible to automatically export prospects from ProspectIn to most CRMs, via Zapier synchronization. This synchronization can be a little tricky. We’ll explain everything here!
What is Zapier and Triggers?
Zapier is a tool allowing you to synchronize more than 2,000 applications and software between them, with a very simple interface. Discover Zapier.
Triggers allow you to automate actions on incoming events (invitation request, new message sent…) and create outgoing events (sending to Zapier, sending a message, etc …).
Set up ProspectIn – Zapier
- Zapier’s pricing works on a number of actions performed. In order to reduce costs, we have implemented a group sending system, updating prospects 10 by 10 in your CRM. To use ProspectIn and Zapier synchronization requires a 3-step “Zap”, available only with a premium Zapier account (see Zapier prices)
- ProspectIn triggers are only available on the Advanced (and Enterprise) plan.
1. Create the Zap
Click on “Make a Zap!” then search for “Webhook By Zapier” => “Catch Hook” and click on “Continue”. You get a URL to copy.
2. Create the Trigger on ProspectIn
Go to the “Triggers” tab in the back office of ProspectIn. Choose “Create” and then define the input event you want. For example, if you want to automatically synchronize the prospects who have responded in your CRM, choose “Has replied”.
For your output event, choose “Export to my own CRM”. Copy the Zap URL previously obtained and click on “Save and start”.
The validation sends a request to Zapier to start synchronization.
3. Synchronize and test
Click on “Continue” and “Test & Review”. You must have “Hook A”: these are the test data sent to the creation to provide Zapier with the format of the data to be processed.
Click on “Done editing”
4. Format your data
This step allows you to define the keys and the associated data that you will export to your CRM. For example, if the field in your CRM is “Email”, you will create an “Email” key associated with the “Email” data received in the Zapier Webhook.
- Click on “Do this”. Look for “Formatter” and select “‘Formatter By Zapier” then “Utilities”. Go to the next step. Choose “Line Itemizer (Create / Append / Prepend)”.
- Click on the “More” option in the “Line Item Properties” field. Define the desired keys and data. Leave the default options and click on “Continue”
5. Define your output action
This step depends on what you want to do. Here we will take the example of an export to a Google Sheet, but you can choose the CRM of your choice or any other application.
- Clck on r “+”.
- Find your app. Here “Google Sheet”. In the “Choose action event” box, choose “Update a SpreadSheet row”
- Click on “Continue” to synchronize with Google Sheet and retrieve the correct URL.
- Choose the Excel sheet to export your data to and enter the data
- Click on “Continue” then “Test & Continue” then on “Done editing”
Well done! Your data will now be automatically synchronized!
Good to know for the ProspectIn Zapier Synchro
You can create as many triggers as you want to send to the same Zap. Please note that if the prospect’s email is not retrieved, your Trigger will fail. That’s why you will not be able to create a Trigger with the condition “Not connected” or “None”, you will necessarily have to choose the “Connected” condition.
Do not hesitate to contact us on support if you have any questions!
Chief (Positive) Energy Officer @ ProspectIn 😎